Look y’all, I’m not in Teen Wolf fandom anymore, I cop to that. BUT THIS is a total shit show.
Fandom belongs to FANS and should not EVER be on a website that the powers that be create for their own purposes or in the control of a corporate sponsor (.mtv is not cute). Placing work on the website, ADMITTING to the desire to move fandom into an area where they have more control and removing the interaction fans have with each other to a space in which 1. you don’t hold the rights to your work and standards are set not by the community but the powers that be and 2. you’re removed from the traditions of fanspace is totally gross and inappropriate on their part. They aren’t the first ones to try this bullshit either, they’re just cloaking it in different words.
Please don’t fall for this and if you DO and are curious about it please carefully read the TOS for the site you are signing up for and learn about how they can and will use your content for profit in the future. Protect yourself, protect your community. Ultimately, it’s your choice but it should always be YOUR choice and YOUR experience and YOUR fandom. Bringing it out of the realm of fans, where you didn’t create the website, you didn’t make the rules, you can’t do whatever the fuck you want, is not okay. It’s not what fandom is about. Teen Wolf PTB aren’t PART of fandom. You are.
"The Collective" by mtv, srsly read the terms and conditions this is ridic
no you all dont understand. awkward teenaged derek hale is my bread and fucking butter.
derek hale getting stressed out driving with his dad the first time and running a red light wolfed out, but his dad is the calm quiet type so all he says is “nope nope nope” until he guides derek to the side of the road and plucks his own claws out of the upholstery of the passengers seat
derek hale getting rolled out of bed in the morning by his mom and falling back asleep at the breakfast table while baby cora throws her cheerios into his hair. he’s always falling asleep in classes and running around late at night because he just can’t sleep with the moon out. sometimes he feels like the moon’s a friend, like it has a voice that sounds like his mother and he can’t explain that to any of his teachers so he ends up in the principal’s office a lot and there’s a growing pile of vitamins from the nurse in the back of his locker
derek hale getting an awkward boner in gym class and growling a little, then getting so embarrassed he hides in the equipment cupboard until the bell rings, but sometimes when he sees people running he just wants to chase them and not the way he wanted to chase them when he was little. no, this is in a ‘laura’s friend braeden in a bikini getting hit with a water balloon’ territory and it’s a good thing braeden already knew about werewolves because he’d gone full beta form before his mom dragged him into the house
derek hale having to wear special werewolf braces complete with headgear in the ninth grade, only avoiding relentless bullying because laura is the co-captain of the girl’s rugby team (with braeden of course) and has a reputation built on beating people up and not getting caught. derek getting asked to stand at the back of the pack with his 11 year old cousins at land negotiations because he’s not intimidating with his headgear shining in the light. getting in trouble because he pulls off a bracket and telling his mom it’s from wolfing with his cousins, but really it’s from eating pretzels at the movies
derek hale not being able to control himself on the full moons so the days leading up to it he’s grumpy and horny and careless and maybe he forgets about all the porn he’s been looking at and leaves the browser tab open to go for a run, but when he gets home he gets a stern ‘no computer for a month’ talk with a follow up ‘delete your history i dont want to know what brand of porn you’re into’ talk from his dad
grumpy horny full moon derek hale getting all touchy feely with his friends because he was mostly raised with other werewolves and forgets that cuddling when you’re upset isnt how most people solve their problems. derek seeing scott mccall hug his best friend, miles or something, in the hallway at school and giving into his wolf because scott’s a werewolf too, even if they’re in different packs, and he turns it into a group hug and he rarely talks to scott because they’re in different grades, but scott gives into the cuddle too and they just stand there hugging as the bell rings with stiles in the middle like ‘uh… scott?’
'we have to go to class scott'
Okay but Never Gonna Give You Up (better known as Rickroll) is actually a really really horrible song for many reasons, which I will better explain under the cut.
Brace yourselves, this is pretty long.
never ever apologize to me for your dog being too excited to see me
a dog could knock me to the ground and give me a black eye and I would still hug it and love it because dogs hurt because they love too much I love dogs
no, i don’t watch that show, but i do follow its developments extensively via tumblr
- Brother: I wonder what Satan looks like..
- Me: Well, first off his name is Lucifer and he's a fallen angel. According to the bible he was suppose to be super gorgeous.
- Brother: Really?
- Me: Yeah. I guess you could say he was....
- Brother: ???
- Me: ... fine as hell.
OBLIGATORY ‘AUS I REALLY WANT’ POST
- incredibly long crosscountry train ride AU
- police procedural AU
- bookstore AU
- reluctant teammates that save the world together AU
platonic living together AU
- lawyers AU
- stuck-in-an-airport-because-the-flights-were-SO-VERY-delayed-and-it’s-like-two-am AU
- sent to live with cousins AU
- pretending to be siblings because of reasons AU
- teaming up to rescue respective abducted children AU
- pseudo-adopting-the-runaway-i-ran-into AU
- forget high school students AU i want a high school teachers AU
- law school AU
HERE HAVE SOME MORE
- on the same college tour AU
- trapped in a bank during a robbery AU
- forced to share a table at the coffee shop a couple days in a row because crowded coffee shop and no room AU
- DOCTORS AU
- medical school AU
- ride the same bus together literally every day AU
- vet clinic AU
- 'i'm pretending to be ur bff bc u looked VERY uncomfortable with that person at the bar hitting on u' AU
- college professors AU
- on a train together and the train is stopped in the middle of nowhere for some reason AU
Doing the thing. You know the drill. Some of those are really specific so the fics might stretch things a bit, but. All M/A unless otherwise specified.
- incredibly long crosscountry train ride AU: Shosholoza Meyl: A Pleasant Experience, or, Arthur Gets Laid on a Train, by mellacita
- police procedural AU: Defenders of the Realm, by lamardeuse
- bookstore AU: Skipping Beats, Blushing Cheeks, by Thursday_Next
- reluctant teammates that save the world together AU: (somewhat) Melt You Down, by lady_ragnell
- lawyers AU: Laws of Attraction, by ChristyCorr
- stuck-in-an-airport-because-the-flights-were-SO-VERY-delayed-and-it’s-like-two-am AU: Snowed in at Heathrow and Other Christmas Disasters, by rotrude
- sent to live with cousins AU: What We Choose, by mad_di
- pretending to be siblings because of reasons AU: (eh, close enough) The Lies We Tell Ourselves (and Everybody Else), by wyvern
- teaming up to rescue respective abducted children AU: Counting Every Second, by Utsaah
- pseudo-adopting-the-runaway-i-ran-into AU: Not an Act, But a Habit, by mellacita
- forget high school students AU i want a high school teachers AU: Get Together For the Kids, by kayson
- law school AU: A Lever and a Place to Stand, by twoskeletons
- on the same college tour AU: (very briefly in) Watch It All Melt Away, by emjayelle
- trapped in a bank during a robbery AU: Escape, by val_creative
- forced to share a table at the coffee shop a couple days in a row because crowded coffee shop and no room AU: Is This Seat Taken? by bevinkathryn
- DOCTORS AU: Heartbeats, by tourdefierce
- medical school AU: The Royal Camelot, by CaseyStar
- ride the same bus together literally every day AU: The Difference of You, by ingberry
- vet clinic AU: Duckling, by dustfinger223
- 'i'm pretending to be ur bff bc u looked VERY uncomfortable with that person at the bar hitting on u' AU: The Anti-Wingman, by kyaticlikestea
- college professors AU: Love in the Time of Scholar-a, by itachitachi
- on a train together and the train is stopped in the middle of nowhere for some reason AU: Stamboul Train, by significanowl